Best Parks in Jacksonville
When you want to take a road trip from Gainesville to Jacksonville, Florida, you have plenty of options for fun. There are numerous parks, trails, and beaches to explore in Jacksonville, Orange Park, and nearby Ponte Vedra. So whether you prefer hiking, biking, or just lying in the sun, Jacksonville has it all.
Best Parks Near Jacksonville
Jacksonville offers many national, state, and local parks to enjoy.
- Timucuan Ecological and Historic Preserve is Jacksonville’s largest park–46,000 acres–and includes Fort Caroline National Park. This replica of a 16th-century French fort is a great place to learn about the rivalry between the French and the Spanish. It also includes wetlands, wildlife, sea islands, and beaches.
- George Crady Bridge Fishing Pier State Park is one of the best fishing spots in Jacksonville. It’s open 24 hours a day all year round.
- The Jacksonville Arboretum is a hidden gem. Tucked away in the Arlington neighborhood, the arboretum has diverse ecosystems, wildlife, and a lovely lily pond. This park is a great place for a family hike and you can bring your pets.
Best Parks in Orange Park
The suburb of Orange Park is a great place for hiking and biking and offers a popular playground.
- Black Creek Trail has eight miles of paved trails for hiking or biking, plus a new mountain biking trail.
- Clarke House Park features the historic Clarke House built in the early 1900s. It is also home to one of the best playgrounds in the area and offers picnic pavilions for birthdays and family gatherings.
Best Parks in Ponte Vedra
If lying on a beach and soaking up the sun is more your style, head to Ponte Vedra on the Atlantic Coast.
- Mickler’s Landing Beach is a dog-friendly county park near the entrance to Ponte Vedra Beach. Search for shells, build a sand castle, or start a game of volleyball to soak up some rays.
- Ponte Vedra Beach offers miles of freshwater streams and sand dunes to explore, plus some of the best golf courses in the country.
Let us Be Your Guide Today at Honda of the Avenues!
Once the cooler weather passes and you’re ready for outdoor activities, reach out to Honda of the Avenues to learn more about our top local spots. We’ll be happy to point the way and make sure that you have a Honda outfitted for both towing and off-road performance to handle all of your adventures! Contact us today to learn more!
More from Honda of the Avenues
Many drivers have opted to upgrade to a more fuel-efficient ride for their Gainesville commute, and there’s sure to be a new contender at the top of your list with the release of the anticipated new 2024 Honda Prologue EV. This all-electric Honda SUV provides the enhanced fuel savings you’re looking for in a sportier…
Camping is one of the most popular American pastimes in existence – right along with baseball and other classics. Depending on the Gainesville family, the best cars for camping might vary based on where you’re going and how far off the trail you’re willing to venture. Plenty of Honda models are great for camping…
When you want to take a road trip from Gainesville to Jacksonville, Florida, you have plenty of options for fun. There are numerous parks, trails, and beaches to explore in Jacksonville, Orange Park, and nearby Ponte Vedra. So whether you prefer hiking, biking, or just lying in the sun, Jacksonville has it all. …